The Line Chef’s role is to provide a "Guest First" service at all times, making the Guest the heart and passion of all they do. This includes friendly and timely interaction with Guests and Team Members, ensuring correct recipe and cooking procedures for all dishes, maintaining ticket time for appropriate day part, and following up to ensure each Guest receives their correct food order.
Exact Job Title:
Line Chef / Line Cook
Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen
Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture and conversation, Romano’s Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 – with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything we do.
As a leader in upscale Italian casual cuisine, we offer you outstanding career growth opportunities and a dynamic environment to showcase your leadership skills within.
• High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
• Food handler’s certification required
• Minimum of 6 months related experience
• Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest
• Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with Team Members, Managers, and Guests
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Understand written recipes, procedures, prep lists, and other related work notes
• Manage personal work flow under time pressure and resolve questions and problems with supervisor
• Ability to stand and/or walk throughout the entire shift and work in a restaurant environment
• Subject to cleaning chemicals, heat, moisture, steam, humidity, open flames, cooking odors, refrigeration/freezer temperatures, loud noise and occasional wet floors
• Will work around knives, power equipment and cooking equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.